BILD 2 Wasserman/Potter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midterm II curve

4 posters

Go down

Midterm II curve Empty Midterm II curve

Post  ylk001 Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:44 am

How does the curve work for the second midterm??
Is Prof.Wasserman adding bonus points on this one like he did for the first one?
or is he just setting 409 as 100%
I'm confused Shocked

ylk001

Back to top Go down

Midterm II curve Empty Re: Midterm II curve

Post  TA Sean Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:06 am

Technically the class isn't "curved" until the end of the quarter when all the points are finalized. No point bonus were mentioned in lecture, so I don't think more will be done, but you can consider the 50 pts from the tutorial to be the same effect.

If you are nervous about your grade. Check the types of questions you missed, assess your study habits, and make changes where necessary. That's what I personally do after every test I take, I check it out, see what I can change and almost always I do better on the next test. Study early too!

edit: yes, the top 10 students in the class will be the 100% value, but this is also done at the end of the quarter

TA Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Bio_Student Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:46 am

I remember hearing Professor Potter say that the midterm 2 score would be adjusted to reflect the class' performance. The average right now stands at 60%, should this not be brought up to 70% as was done in midterm 1?

Bio_Student

Back to top Go down

Post  TA Charlie Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:15 am

Again as Sean was saying the class is not "curved" until the very end. The scores of the first midterm were not actually adjusted to curve the class (except the mentioned 50 pts), the "curve" was an attempt to give you an idea as to how you were doing in the class at that time. Remember, if someone got 100% on the first midterm, but a 0% on the second midterm, they now would be around 50% and no longer part of the top 10 of the class. This is why everything must be added up and reconsidered after the final. Bottom line, the "curve" is decided after the final once all scores have been added up, and it is up to the Professors how they wish to adjust the scores.

TA Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down