BILD 2 Wasserman/Potter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

two questions from Endocrine Study Guide

2 posters

Go down

two questions from Endocrine Study Guide Empty two questions from Endocrine Study Guide

Post  jjna Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:22 am

5. Explain what changes may be triggered by a signal transduction pathway initiated by the binding of a water-soluble hormone to a receptor in the plasma memberane of a target cell.

6. Describe the nature and location of intracellular receptors for hormones that pass easily through cell membranes. Explain how their role compares to the signal-transduction pathway noted above, and describe the changes they are likely to trigger within the target cell.

well...

for #5,
i know that the water-soluble hormones goes to the plasma membrane receptor and trigers a signal transduction pathway and either result a cytoplasmic response or a nuclear response...
but is that all we need to know?
or is there more details about the "changes" it will create?

and for #6,
i know that intracellular receptors are for steroids, vitamin D, and choleserol
and they are inside the nucleus or sometimes in the cytoplasm that will eventually move into the nucleus..
and they activates the gene expression?
but is that all we need to know about the "changes" they will make?

i am so confused about how much info we need to know for this final...... Rolling Eyes

jjna

Back to top Go down

two questions from Endocrine Study Guide Empty Re: two questions from Endocrine Study Guide

Post  woloshka Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:13 am

I am rather puzzled by the questions as well. I think that the answer for #5 might be go a little further than what you wrote in that the proteins going from the cytoplasm into the nucleus changes the transcription for some genes . And the change for question #7 is that it changes the gene expression.

woloshka

Back to top Go down