Lymphatic System & Blood Clotting

Go down

Lymphatic System & Blood Clotting Empty Lymphatic System & Blood Clotting

Post  jjna on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:45 am

can somebody explain lyphatic system (& lymph node)

as well as the blood clotting process Question


Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lymphatic System & Blood Clotting Empty Re: Lymphatic System & Blood Clotting

Post  TA Dana on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:56 am

Since only 85% of the fluids that leave your capillaries during fluid exchange, to regain the other 15%, your lymphatic system is there to do the work. It's a network of capillaries that will collect the fluids and return them back to your vena cava, right by the heart. Lymph nodes are there to filter the fluid in the lymphatic system and attack virus and bacteria.

As for the blood clotting process, when your vessels break, you have components in your blood called platelets. They stick to the connective tissue of your vessels, and stick to each other. They also release clotting factors that activates prothrombin into thrombin. Thrombin is also an enzyme that activated Fibrinogen into fibrin, which is that major element to form a clot at your vessel. Look over p. 882 for clarification.

TA Dana

Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum